As millions of students are starting a new school year, health, fitness, and nutrition play a primary function to guarantee to learn and make abundant energy. Emphasis has to be put on providing our childhood advice on sports exercise, injury prevention, spinal health and posture, healthy eating and hydration.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO ENCOURAGE YOUR KIDS TO BE HEALTHY AND FIT?
• Eat healthy meals. Eating a well-balanced diet with no skipping meals will help maintain a suitable weight and decrease the possibility of developing diabetes and heart disease because it becomes an adult. Remove all fats which include nearly all foods. Serve a minimum of 5 portions of fruits and vegetables daily, complex carbohydrates like whole grains and lean meats, poultry, and fish. Wild fish and organic food products.
Why eat breakfast? Breakfast will not just boost your overall energy but keep your blood sugar levels and will reduce your cravings and overeating throughout the day. Think of breakfast as mind food that will help improve concentration and enhance performance. It will prevent a mid-morning slump and reduce the propensity to eat higher calorie snacks.
At a published statement by Tufts University, a connection was found between nutrition and cognitive development in children which realized that”Children who participated in the School Breakfast Program were shown to have significantly higher standardized achievement test scores than eligible non-participants.
What foods to eat on the go for breakfast?
Some choices to Select from:
1. Hard-boiled egg, whole grain bread, and fruit
2. Low fat cheese, fruit, and a granola bar
3. Complete wheat/grain bread or English muffin with natural almond butter and fruit
4. Pre-cooked chicken/turkey sausage bread, and fruit
5. Veggie patty, whole wheat/grain bread, and fruit
5. Fruit smoothie with Many Different fresh/frozen fruit, protein powder, and plain yogurt
6. Plain yogurt or cottage cheese with your fruit, seeds, and whole/grain bread
7. Whole wheat tortilla with cheese and fruit
• Keep children occupied. Our kids need an hour of physical activity every day. Including playing outside sports and calisthenics. Without exercise, children will elect to watch surplus television, in addition to video and computer games for extended periods. Even though these activities are stimulating imagination and developing hand-eye coordination, they contribute nothing. Children over the last few years suffer from pain and back pain because they do not get sufficient exercise.
• Setting healthy boundaries around digital activities. Begin with a conversation about what they have heard about online media utilized to get them to think without defensiveness. Then make some agreed-upon limits to mobile phone and use. At certain instances of the day or dinner no cell phones for instance. Request to be”friended” so you can check for any concerns. As a household, designate a particular period every day or one day a week where the whole household does games and other activities. Plan a fun family trip with everyone engaged in the process and unplugging all electronics.
• Drink water. Hydration is an integral factor in keeping your child’s muscles preventing an injury and working properly. The youth should drink about eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day. Younger youth ought to drink a minimum of five 8-ounce glasses per day. Carbonated beverages, juices, and other sweet drinks are not a substitute. Drinks are the primary culprits that include sugar into our diets. Normally, Americans eat about 22.2 tsp of sugar a day, which adds up to 355 calories per day, a rise of 19 percent since the year 1970.
• Take vitamins daily and prevent”cool” nutritional supplements. There is A fish and strawberry oil of benefit for our kids. To reduce the pain from contact sports one might wish to think about: Vitamin C, Vitamin B vitamins and amino acids, Thiamine and Vitamin A. Kids under the age of 18 should prevent performance-enhancing supplements like creatine, but rather should ask their coach about weekly weight-training sessions.
• Educating the youthful athlete to get sports activities. Parents and parents will need to help prepare their athletes’ bodies and learn how to protect them from sports-related injuries before they happen by receiving the proper warm-up stretching and weight-lifting exercises. A slow jog, jumping rope or lifting small light weights, warming up the major muscle groups before every practice or meet improves flexibility and reduces harm. All equipment ought to be fitted correctly and be damage-free. Enroll your child now at Soccer Zone!
• What about football? Football and baseball passed in the USA as the most popular team sport. But some kids are enduring moderate to severe head traumas, neck and spine injuries, nausea, headaches, irritability, and sleeplessness as a consequence of playing football, particularly within”heading” the ball. “Heading” the ball would be the deliberate use of the mind to divert the ball that has caused controversy within possible permanent head and bodily harm. Children ought to be provided proper techniques from their trainer to be secure and”heading” the ball should be held off until about 14-16 years old which relies on maturation and evolution of the spinal column. Smaller chunks should be used for enforcement of the rules, as well as the younger player use of mouth guards, padding of goalposts and from the coach.